.50 caliber Umarex Hammer To Start Shipping in March 2019
Umarex USA has announced that the .50 caliber Umarex Hammer will start shipping in March 2019.
The Hammer was conceived, designed and engineered in America and is being built in the U.S.A. Its production assembly is taking place in Fort Smith, Arkansas within the facility of Umarex USA and is set to begin in March 2019.
“It’s been exciting to see the concept come to fruition. Now we’re seeing the final parts inspected, measured and verified. The production cell and process has come together and seeing all of this has made it well worth the wait,” said Richard Turner, President of Umarex USA, Inc.
The Muzzle Energy, speed and three full-power shots delivered by the .50 caliber Umarex Hammer is achieved by its proprietary, patent-pending, Lightspeed valve.
The Hammer’s Lightspeed valve, coupled with a regulator instantly pulses a measure of air, compressed to 3,000 PSI, behind the projectile.
Umarex USA explains that innovative engineering was used to design this valve mechanism. Coupled with a .50 caliber, 180-grain non-lead bullet, Muzzle Velocity is claimed to exceed 1,130 FPS. Just as monumental, a 550-grain lead slug is responsible for the generation of its claimed 705 Ft/Lbs of Muzzle Energy.
Almost as impressive, it only takes two pounds of effort to operate its straight-pull bolt. This short, effortless, bolt action is all that’s required to cock the rifle and advance the magazine, Umarex USA tells us.
Umarex USA’s team of engineers have produced multiple prototypes of various mechanisms for the Hammer during the nearly three-year development process.
The .50 caliber Umarex Hammer is powered by 4,500 pounds per square inch of High Pressure Air in its custom, on-board carbon fiber tank to a capacity of 24 cubic inches.
The .50 caliber Umarex Hammer has a multitude of useful and user-friendly features that both hunters and shooters appreciate, Umarex USA tells us.
In addition to being the world’s most powerful airgun delivering three regulated, full-power shots, it is the only production .50 caliber air rifle that offers multiple shots from its patent-pending double-chamber magazine.
Unique to the .50 caliber Umarex Hammer is the utilization of three safeties.There’s a conventional trigger block, a magazine lockout that prevents it from discharging without a magazine inserted AND a field safety.
Umarex USA collaborated with PolyOne Corporation, a premier provider of specialized polymer materials, services and solutions, in the design, engineering and material selection for the stock and barrel shroud of the .50 caliber Umarex Hammer air rifle.
As a result, the stock, forearm and other key polymer components are produced from Nymax, an advanced polymer that withstands the rugged trials of outdoor hunting and shooting. Together, the advanced polymer materials and innovative design, including smooth edges and tight-fitting joints, form a modern and functional stock for the Hammer rifle that is both shooter-friendly and made to last, says Umarex USA.
Richard Turner, President of Umarex USA, Inc, said, “In working with PolyOne, we targeted certain design and performance aspects of the polymer portions of the Hammer. The PolyOne team embraced our concept and the performance targets and worked hand-in-hand with our product development team to develop specific options that met our design, weight and most importantly, performance goals.”
The .50 caliber Umarex Hammer is equipped with additional features that include a standard Magpul AR grip. There’s a quick disconnect Foster fitting to fill the onboard air cylinder and an externally-visible air pressure gauge.
The button-rifled .50 caliber barrel is made in Germany, and there’s a 8.5-inch long Picatinny rail. Its full-length composite shroud helps to dampen its report and each Hammer comes with two double-chamber magazines. The MSRP $799.99.
.50 caliber Umarex Hammer Speed and Energy Generation
Grain Material FPS Energy (Ft/Lbs.)
180 Non-Lead 1130 510
200 Lead 1055 495
250 Lead 1000 555
275 Lead 945 545
300 Lead 930 576
330 Lead (Lyman) 935 641
350 Lead (Lyman) 875 595
550 Lead 760 705
.50 caliber Umarex Hammer Features And Specifications
– Built in the USA
– Fastest and most powerful .50 caliber production air rifle on the planet
– Delivers up to 705 Ft/Lbs of energy
– Shoots a 550 grain lead slug at up to 760 FPS
– Delivers 3 full-power shots plus an additional effective shot
– Places 3 rounds of 350 grain lead slugs touching at 50 Yards
– Straight-pull bolt with 2 Lb. cocking effort and just 2 inches of travel
– Patent-pending Lightspeed valve
– Two double-chamber magazines included
– 24 cubic inch custom carbon fiber HPA tank holds 4,500 PSI compressed air
– Regulated to 3,000 PSI per shot providing less than 10 FPS standard deviation
– Utilizes quick disconnect Foster fitting for filling
– Standard Magpul AR grip
– Machined Picatinny rail 8.5-inch in length with 20 slots
– Modern, rugged polymer stock design manufactured with materials from PolyOne
– Three slot locations incorporated in forearm for M-LOK attachment
– Rear sling stud built-in
– 43.75-inch overall length
– 8.5 pound overall weight unloaded without scope
– German-made 29.5-inch barrel length with 1:24 twist
– Full length long-fiber composite shroud dampens sound report
– 4 lb. trigger pull weight
– Three safeties: magazine lock-out, trigger block, field carry safety