CMP Airgun Centers Reopen To Public In Alabama And Ohio
Great News is that the CMP airgun centers in both Alabama and Ohio will reopen on August 17, 2020.
Both the South Competition Center at Anniston and the Gary Anderson CMP Competition Center at Camp Perry will be inviting the public back for air rifle and air pistol fun, with new protective practices in place for staff and guests.
Anyone is welcome to the ranges for practice or friendly competition on the firing line, though for the foreseeable future, air gun range access will be by appointment only.
Guests at the CMP airgun centers will be allowed two-hour time slots, with no more than 25 firing points in use at a time.
There are new hours for the ranges offering daily, afternoon and evening airgun shooting opportunities.
Hours will be Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. (EST) at the Gary Anderson Competition Center and 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. (CST) at the South Competition Center.
On Tuesdays, the ranges will be open 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. (EST) and 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. (CST).
New Safety Measures
Other measures to ensure social distancing and cleanliness for visitors include:
– Rifles disinfection between uses;
– Masks required while within the facility (can be taken off on firing line);
– Area disinfection by guests before and after use;
– Firing point disinfection by staff after use;
– Removal of bleachers normally placed within the ranges, with limited chairs available to parents/guardians;
– Parents/guardians not firing will be required to wear a mask at all times;
– Common Areas will be off limits;
– Classrooms will be off limits;
– Drinking Fountains will be closed;
– Changing Area within the restrooms will be closed;
– Bathrooms will have limited stall availability.
To set up an appointment for your spot on the firing line, please call Catherine Green at 419-635-2141, ext. 704. Learn more about the CMP Competition Centers by visiting https://thecmp.org/ranges/cmp-competition-centers/.