Daisy Model 599 10-Meter Competition Air Gun Details Announced
The Daisy Model 599 was first publicly mentioned back in October 2018. HAM carried the news at that time.
That story was on the latest Civilian Marksmanship Program Three Position Air Rifle rules. These included a new rule: “Daisy M599 Sporter, 4.2.1. The new Daisy M599 Competition Air Rifle was added to the list of approved Sporter Class rifles”.
Following that somewhat “stealth launch”, Daisy Outdoor Products has now formally announced the release of the new Daisy Model 599 10-Meter Competition Air Rifle. This turns-out to be a .177 caliber PCP air rifle that, the company says, allows competitors to shoot the entire match without having to recharge.
Specifications for the Daisy Model 599 are as follows:
– Ambidextrous beechwood stock
– Vertical and length-of-pull adjustment
– Adjustable combTrigger weight adjustable down to 1.5 Lbs
– Rotating trigger adjustment positioning for right or left -handed shooters
– Removable, power configurable, HPA cylinder
– Cold-hammer-forged BSA barrel
– Straight-pull T-handle cocking system
– Hooded front sight, diopter rear sight
– Integral 10.8 mm dovetail scope rail
– Sling rail
– Pressure gauge and quickfill connector
Daisy says that the Model 599 is available only through www.daisy.com, (although it’s not to be found on the website today). The company tells us that the product will start shipping on December 19, 2018. Apparently just 300 rifles are available for 2018.
Pre-orders are being taken now by calling Daisy at 800-713-2479 . The price is $595.