The Gamo Squirrel Master Classic is Back to a TV Near You.
The second annual Gamo Squirrel Master Classic was held on Feb. 18th and 19th 2015 hosted – of course – by Gamo Outdoor USA, partnering with the Buckmasters organization.
This hunting competition/TV event involved some of the best hunters and hunting personalities from the Top Hunting TV shows, paired with media members, 4-H kids and Gamo executives. The shooters were were divided into five teams. Each team was accompanied by a guide, an award winning squirrel hunting dog and the dog’s handler.
For the 2015 Gamo Squirrel Master Classic, Gamo provided Whisper G2 air rifles. Also, team leaders were issued with a new Gamo Coyote PCP air rifle.
Gamo Prostaff members participating in this event included:
- Michael Waddell, Nick Mundt, Travis “T-Bone” Turner, hosts of the Bone Collector TV Show;
- Shawn Michaels and Keith Mark from MRA Hunting TV Show;
- Jackie Bushman from Buckmasters TV Show;
- Doug Koenig from Doug Koenig’s Championship Season;
- Kevin Meacham, Keith Burgess, Chris Ashley and Cody Kelley from the new Hardcore TV Show.
The Gamo Squirrel Master Classic was captured by the Bone Collector, MRA Hunting, Buckmasters, and Doug Koenig TV film crews, and will be broadcasted on national television. The competition is being planned as a yearly tournament.
Episodes of the Squirrel Master Classic will be aired on the Outdoor Channel and Sportsman Channel. The provisional schedule is as follows:
– The Jackie Bushman Show – 11/1/2015 on the Outdoor Channel
– Michael Waddell’s Bone Collector 9/14/2015 on the Outdoor Channel with repeated airings
– Doug Koenig Championship Season TBD on Sportsman Channel
“We are excited to see how this sequel is going to work out, said Fedor Palacios, Marketing Communications Manager of Gamo Outdoor USA. “Response from fans and media to the first Gamo Squirrel Master Classic was overwhelming!
Fedor continued: “The objective is still the same. It’s to showcase new products, technologies and hunting principles that Gamo promotes. We aim to show all the fun that hunting small and medium game brings to all the family members. But most important, it was great to see 4-H kids involved in the event, they are the future of this sport and we are going to support them, they have truly became the squirrel masters. “We are going to return next year, bigger and better…”