New Bench Rest and Field Target Competition For UpState New York
Who’s interested in a two-day airgun Bench Rest and Field Target competition near Rochester NY?
A small group of enthusiastic airgunners are organizing an ambitious new airgun Bench Rest and Field Target competition in UpState New York, close to Rochester.
They’ve already secured a fantastic venue right off the NY State Thruway. This competition will be hosted on the grounds of Pinnacle Athletic Campus which is located in Victor NY. That’s it in our photograph above. Don’t worry, in June, all that white, snow stuff will be gone!
This location is within a close distance to great hotels and restaurants and is a very short drive from EastView Mall.
(For anyone who isn’t familiar with this part of the state, it’s not far from the Finger Lakes region with its wineries, fantastic views, sunsets and of course the lakes themselves. It’s truly a great place for a family trip!)
OK, back to the event. This airgun Bench Rest and Field Target competition will be appropriate for all types and levels of shooters.
The Bench Rest distances will range from 25 yards through 100 yards so even if you’ve never shot outside of your backyard – much less in a competition – COME, try your hand at it, and have FUN!
Here are the event details as we have them now:
· The dates are Saturday, June 24 and Sunday, June 25, 2017.
· The Location is Pinnacle Athletic Complex 748 Phillips Rd. Victor, NY 14564. Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/it5dA752qM52
· There will be a “Welcome Shooters” dinner on Friday, June 23 at 6:30 for those able to get there early (cost of dinner is not included in registration).
· Event registration will be $100 for the two-day competition.
· Discounts at local hotels will be available for out-of-town participants (more details will be available on this soon)
· The Field Target competition currently is being planned as a “fun shoot” but will follow standard AAFTA rules.
· Stay tuned for more specifics on the Competitor Classes that will be part of the event. (They are being worked on as this is being posted.)
· ANY caliber will be allowed in the 75 and 100 yard distance competition.
· At 25 and 50 yards .177, .20, .22 and .25 calibers will be permitted.
· All distances are restricted to shooting pellets only (no slugs).
· There is no FPE limit for the 75 and 100 yard outdoor competition.
· No tethering to a tank in any class. Fill as many times as needed.
· Benches and targets will be provided.
Here’s the “chicken and egg” part. The organizers say that they have some MAJOR airgun sponsors lined up, BUT they need to get an estimate of how many people would COMMIT to participating in this event before these sponsors sign on the dotted line!
So if they get enough folks to commit to attending, they will get the sponsors and there will be some awesome prizes!
First off, the organizers are asking everyone to indicate your interest in taking part in this event.
If you plan to attend, or if you have questions, contact Matt Coulter at firstname.lastname@example.org
As many of the HAM team live in the area, there’s good chance that we’ll be there, too.
We’ll bring you more details as they become available….