New Daisy Model 599 3P Sporter Rifle Available
Three Position (3P) shooting continues to be the largest organized form of airgun competitive shooting in the USA. So it’s no surprise to see the new Daisy Model 599 air rifle launched.
The Daisy 599 is intended for 3P competition in the Sporter category. It’s main competition in this market is the Crosman Challenger. The Challenger gained a complete re-design in 2022 and has been selling strongly since then.
For 10-Meter, 3P shooting, accuracy is what it’s all about! So the new 599 is fitted with a cold hammer-forged BSA barrel – a type noted for accuracy. In fact, judging from the markings on the breech, the 599 is almost-certainly manufactured by BSA in Birmingham, England. (Daisy and Gamo are both part of the Gamo group, after all).
The Daisy Model 599 is – of course – a .177 caliber PCP air rifle. The company claims that it holds sufficient High Pressure Air for 175 shots. That’s enough to complete a competition on one fill. It’s not regulated, however, as is the new Challenger…
With a Muzzle Energy of around 6 Ft/Lbs, the 599 is not designed for power. However – in addition to the barrel – the potential for accurate target shooting is enhanced by the included globe front sight and diopter rear sight.
The beech wood stock also is multi-adjustable for shooter physique and comfort. There’s also multiple trigger adjustments to yield a custom setup, including left and right rotation adjustment. The trigger pull weight adjusts down to 1.5 Lbs, too.
Daisy Model 599 Air Rifle Specifications:
- Precharged pneumatic
- Single shot
- Straight-pull T-handle bolt action
- Ambidextrous beechwood stock with 8 adjustments
- Cold hammer-forged BSA barrel
- Max. velocity: 520 FPS
- Trigger adjusts for rotation
- Adjustable trigger weight down to 1.5 lbs.
- Front globe sight with removable aperture inserts
- Diopter rear sight with micrometer windage and elevation adjustments
- Adjustable cheekpiece
- Adjustable length of pull
- Adjustable rubber buttpad
- Checkered grip and forearm
- Manual crossbolt safety
- Sling rail
- 10.8mm dovetail optics rail
- Overall length: 34.25 In.
- Weight: 7.1 Lbs.