New Hatsan Factor BP Announced
HAM readers first read about the new Hatsan Factor BP in our report from the IWA OutdoorClassics show back in March.
Now Hatsan USA has announced that the model will be available in the USA and provided more details. In fact, the Factor BP is being promoted as the “big brother” to the existing Factor RP as it will be available in two calibers- – .30 and .35 cal.
Performance claims for the Hatsan Factor BP are maximum Muzzle Velocities of 956 FPS in .30 cal – 956 FPS, 888 FPS for .35 cal. That represents maximum Muzzle Energies of 140 Ft/Lbs in the smaller caliber and 144 Ft/Lbs in the larger, the manufacturer says.
Hatsan also says that the .30 cal factor BP achieves 32 shots at “optimum velocity” from a 250 bar (3,625 PSI) fill of the 580cc carbon fiber HPA bottle. For the .35 caliber version, it’s 28 shots. These numbers match well with the magazine capacities, which are 16 shots for the .30 cal gun and 14 shots for the .35 cal.
Barrel length for the factor BP is 32 Inches, with an overall length of 42.75 In. The un-scoped weight is 9 Lbs.
Other Hatsan Factor BP features are:
- Repeating, side-lever action, bullpup pre-charged pneumatic (PCP) air rifle
- Externally adjustable pressure regulator
- Externally adjustable hammer preload
- QuietEnergy fully shrouded barrel with integrated sound moderator
- Quattro Trigger – 2-stage, fully adjustable, match trigger
- Vertical and horizontal trigger shoe adjustment
- Rifled barrel with ½ In. UNF threaded muzzle
- Two detachable, caliber-specific, multi-shot, spring rotary magazines included
- 580 cc detachable carbon fiber bottle – spare bottles available
- Dual pressure gauges to monitor both fill pressure and regulated pressure
- Single-shot tray for precision competition shooting
- All-weather, synthetic stock with adjustable soft rubber pistol grip
- Elevation and angle adjustable cheek rest
- Combination picatinny and 11 mm dovetail rail accepts a wide range of optic mounts
- Picatinny accessory rail extension beneath forearm
- Patented anti-knock system prevents discharge when the rifle is knocked or bounced
- Manual safety switch
- “Foster style”, quick disconnect fill inlet
Details of price and availability are to follow soon.