Register Now For Orion 2021 Air Pistol And New Air Rifle Shooter Leagues
Orion Scoring System has announced that registration is now open for the Orion 2021 Air Pistol and New Air Rifle Shooter Leagues.
The Orion National Air Rifle “New Shooter” League is designed for athletes in their first year of competition. It’s a 10 meter, Three Position competition.
Orion’s New Shooter League will have a parity-focused, dynamic schedule. This means each week teams will be paired against other teams with a near-equal win-loss record, thus giving each team a reasonable chance of winning each week, regardless of skill level.
The New Shooter League award schedule is designed to encourage improvement. Every team that can show improvement in the league and participate in the full schedule will earn medals for the team and a banner to hang in the range.
Orion’s National Air Pistol League is a 10 Meter competition. It’s one of the largest Air Pistol leagues in the world!
The National Air Pistol League differs from the National Air Rifle League in a few key areas.
First, the National Air Pistol league is open to all age groups, it is not limited to juniors or high school age athletes.
Second, teams are not split into skill-based divisions. Instead, all teams compete in the same (single division) league.
With the exception of the first two weeks where games are scheduled randomly, competition parity is achieved by scheduling games between teams of near equal League Points.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and the expected disruption to teams’ schedules, this season will include structural changes to accommodate. If you are interested in participating in one of the Leagues, please read the program in its entirety, even if you’ve participated in the League before. Changes include:
- Reducing the number of games from 8 to 7.
- Increasing the number of weeks from 10 to 11, with the 11th week reserved for rescheduled games only.
- For teams directly affected by COVID-19, Orion will try to reschedule existing games. If this is not possible, Orion will cancel affected games with teams credited with a forced bye week.
The dates below apply to both the Orion 2021 Air Pistol and New Air Rifle Shooter Leagues:
- Registration Deadline: 15 January 2021
- Last Day to Withdraw from League: 15 January 2021
- Preseason: 1 January 2021 through 24 January 2021
- Coaches Meeting Webinar: The week of 18 January, exact date and time not yet set
- Regular Season: 25 January through 11 April 2021